Wednesday, November 7, 2012

It's been a while since the blue writing appeared - code that it's Geoffrey writing and not Rose -business is no excuse and it's over a week since news of Feet of Memory's walk went coast to coast - literally.

The day the Canton Repository article appeared - the same day we woke to no electricity thanks to Superstorm Sandy - my namesake in Oregon, Geoffrey Darling also, contacted me - long story of finding each other on the 'net 15 years ago - and sharing lifestyle chats and jokes about people that make jokes about our name. He'd been shown the link and hoped we would call in when we do the next walk, the West Coast.

Then a phone call from a newspaper in Maine - really northern Maine and the last spot on the walk, the light at the end of the tunnel as it were. I told the editor how much I was looking forward to seeing her little town - on July 3 next year. She just wanted to confirm all the details of Gary Brown's article were correct and I assured her they were more accurate than if I had written them - ie they contained not even unintentional errors. It was fine work from Mr Brown (noticed any slips in punctuation? - that's me deliberately not using AP style).
Training continues in maintenance mode - that is about seven miles most days and at least two to four every day. I was on a harder surface than the towpath today and left a little soreness - we'll have to watch that. Race walkers tell me the shin soreness goes after a while. It certainly dissipates when I stop.

So now the countdown to the November 17 wine-tasting at Maize Valley - tickets $25/head for the wine-tasting and $18 for non-alcohol drinking attendees.

From time to time Rose and I try try to post a comment to see how hard it is - and find it is like drawing teeth while jumping through hoops. So rather than let it go, as we did, you can contact us on email: feetmemory@yahoo.com - love to hear from you

No comments:

Post a Comment